|We have worked hard to maintain a consistent 100% pass rate in matric and have received numerous awards from the eThekweni Municipality and the Department of Education in recognition of this.
We offer educational opportunities for academically gifted learners as well as those requiring academic support.
GRADE 8 AND 9
- School Times: 07:30 – 14:30 except Fridays 07:30 – 13:50.
- English, Afrikaans, Mathematics, Life Orientation, Economic Management Sciences, Natural Sciences, Social Studies, Creative Art, Technology.
GRADE 10 – 12
- School Times: 07:30 – 15:00 except Fridays 07:30-13:50.
- Compulsory – English, Afrikaans or Zulu, Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy, Life Orientation
- Possible electives – Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Computer Applications Technology, Tourism, Business Studies, Geography and Visual Art.
- Electives are dependent upon numbers
- Zulu classes are afternoon classes.
- Engineering Graphics and Design (EGD) can be accommodated in the afternoon by special arrangement. (15:00-17:00 – twice a week)
- Teachers for other subjects may be arranged after consultation with the Principal (eg. History, Accounting, French, Music etc.)
- Our FET timetable structure allows for eight subjects. As learners do seven subjects this provides: 1) supervised self-study time where learners can work on projects, homework, study for tests etc. 2) opportunity for immigrants who may substitute a second language with an alternative elective. 3) time for some support lessons during the school day.
- St Barnabas offers an extensive support programme from grade 8 – 12.
- Support occurs in the afternoons as well as during the school day for the FET phase.
- There is no additional cost for support classes.